Founder Acharya: His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
We take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as a part of the worldwide, International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) movement, which is a Non profit, Social welfare & Spiritual organization engaged in propagating the teachings & values of the great ancient literatures of our Vedic heritage.
We are a Charitable Trust dedicated to promoting individual and global peace, harmony and prosperity by spreading the message of divine love and fraternity given in the Vedic texts of ancient India. Our Trust was originally started in 1966. Since then the trust has brought spiritual joy, integrity and dignity to the lives of millions of people worldwide through itâ€™s over 600 branches.
Srila Prabhupada gave a clear Mission Statement for ISKCON which is outlined in the following seven points.
The Seven Purposes of ISKCON:
- To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world
- To propagate a consciousness of Krishna (God), as it is revealed in the great scriptures of India, Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam
- To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, the prime entity, thus developing the idea within the members, and humanity at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krishna)
- To teach and encourage the sankirtanamovement, congregational chanting of the holy name of God, as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
- To erect for the members and for society at large a holy place of transcendental pastimes dedicated to the personality of Krishna
- To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler, more natural way of life
- With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.